Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The last leg of the trip

sue&me I’m stopped for lunch at the Subway in Vilonia, Ark. and listening to the recitation of health violations at an employees’ meeting. There were a lot of them, but nothing lethal. They’re on probation for three months.
I decided to stop here for lunch because I was overtaking a small thunderstorm and figured it was a convenient way to let the storm get out of my path. Plus, now that I have the netbook fired up, I can see the Weather Channel radar and know when it’s safe to go.
I spent a pleasant evening and night last night at the home of Sue Crumbo, a lifelong friend and high school classmate from Delphi, Ind. at her home in Edmond, just north of Oklahoma City. She and her boyfriend Guy feted me grandly with a huge steak and lots of beer. I slept like a rock until Sue tapped on my door at 6:30 a.m.
She served up a cheese omelette, toast and coffee and we chatted until 8:30 or so. The rush hour over, I loaded up and headed for home.
It was great to see Sue. I haven’t seen her since our 40th class reunion in 2003.

No comments: