Wednesday, June 09, 2010

The suit saga continues

suit

I took my suit jacket and the mystery pants back to Magic Touch cleaners this afternoon and presented my case to the woman who claimed to be in charge.

You may recall that they told Maria on Saturday, May 22, that the pants had some spots on them and needed further treatment. We picked up the suit on Monday, May 24 and flew to Arizona that afternoon. When I pulled the suit out of the bag to dress for Morgan’s wedding the next Sunday, I discovered a pair of Hart Schaffner & Marx pants had been substituted for the pants to my Joseph & Feiss suit. As you can tell from the photo, the trouser fabric is noticeably darker. Had it been an accident, I would expect the pants to be a different size. The fact that the pants were exactly the right waist and inseam size suggest to me that they wrecked my suit pants and pulled the HS&M pants off of the “unclaimed” rack and hoped I wouldn’t notice.

So I filled out a claim form and await the results of their search. Considering that a Washington, D.C. attorney sued his dry cleaner for more than $67 million over a pair of pants, I think the least they can do is buy me a new suit.

No comments: