Monday, March 16, 2009

Protection

bmwroadsideassistance I renewed my membership in the BMW Motorrad Roadside Assistance Plan today, something I should have done before it lapsed on Feb. 22.

I supposed I was still covered when I rode to Daytona Beach Bike Week a couple of weeks ago. Turns out I wasn't. It also turns out I didn't need it because BMW motorcycles don't fail much.

The only time I've ever used the roadside assistance program was last July when I had a flat tire about 100 miles east of Colorado Springs, Colo., near the tiny community of Kit Carson.

My $35 annual membership came in very handy that day, covering the entire $404 cost of a tow truck ride back to Colorado Springs and the BMW dealership there. I suspect I could have added the $84 motel bill to the claim, but I didn't want to press my luck.

So I'm good to go for another year. With any luck, they can use my $35 membership fee to rescue somebody else.

No comments: