Sunday, January 11, 2009

Memphis afterthoughts

It felt good to be among BMW riders yesterday.

I've missed conversations about bikes and travel and great motorcycle roads.

It was a good experience for Maria, too, because she found five fellow quilters in the club and got a line on a quilt/fabric shop in Memphis. She's been starved for good fabric and quilting shops since we left Indiana and this promises to be a fabulous discovery.

Charlie Parsons chauffeured us to Memphis yesterday and, in the process, showed us a quick route to U.S. 63 - the link road to I-55 - that bypasses Jonesboro and its traffic. I'm embarrassed I hadn't figured it out myself from studying area maps, but it's great information and will make the drive to Memphis and back much more pleasant.

The job of editing the club newsletter was up for grabs and I successfully suppressed the impulse to volunteer. I did the Indianapolis BMW Club newsletter for 10 years until other responsibilities in my life transformed it from a pleasure to a burden. I'm not ready to repeat that process here.

No comments: