Sunday, September 14, 2008

Preparing for Monday night's digital photo class

shutterspeedslide

Maria's gone grocery shopping and I'm assembling a PowerPoint presentation for my class on digital photography tomorrow evening.

I used to hate PowerPoint, having sat through dozens of insanely tedious examples at school board meetings and other gatherings back when I was an education writer for The Indianapolis Star's Metro North Bureau.

Now I realize the problem wasn't with PowerPoint - it was with the unimaginative dopes who just dumped their talking points onto slides and then read them to the audience straight off of the screen.

For what it's worth, I'm using Impress, the PowerPoint clone that comes with the free OpenOffice.org office suite. I build the slides on my laptop, then burn the presentation to CD-ROM and run it from our laptop connected to a nifty Dell projector.

Tomorrow's presentation will deal with exposure, aperture, shutter speed, depth of field, stuff like that.

No comments: